Tuesday, October 20, 2009

VSphere in a Box - Installing Vpshere ESX in Workstation 6.5, Ubuntu 9.04 64-Bit

As I wrote in my previous post, in order to get a bit more familiar with Vsphere ESX, I decided to purchase a Quad Core 8GB PC, install Ubuntu 64bit, Vmware Workstation 6.5 and use that as my base to virtualize a small ESX Lab.

I will be documenting all the steps I'm making in setting this lab up and providing it for anyone who may find it useful. (Feel free to download it at the bottom of this post).

I will say this now, this is all new to me, so I'm open to any suggestions, criticisms etc... I'm literally documenting as I'm learning and I hope that it may help others as well as myself.

Here are the following steps for my lab (so far), the point highlighted is the step we're currently working on:

1) Install 2 ESX servers within Workstation.
2) Install and configure Openfiler iSCSI within Workstation (to act as a SAN for the ESX servers).
3) Setup and Install VCenter to manage the 2 ESX servers.
4) Create, manage virtual servers using VCenter.

(I expect this list to grow dramatically as I learn more).

Without further ado....Vsphere In a Box, Installing ESX within Vmware Workstation (Please feel free to download it using the download button below):

0 comments:

Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.